Training Achieving Structural Integrity for Oil & Gas, Renewables
22nd – 23rd November 2017, London Hotel TBC
HIGHLIGHTS OF THE MASTERCLASS
- Understand how a life extension program can prevent structural issues on an offshore installation
- Learn how to effectively verify and continuously improve accuracy of FEA results
- Identify structural issues and their quantification
- Analysing various engineering solutions that form the Life Extension Programme (LEP)
- Comprehend the future development of Renewable Energy installations
- Understand Practical fatigue management and fatigue design
- Explore main inspection methods with a practical approach
- Studying real-life case studies
- Weld improvement methods for above and below the water surface
- Asset management, optimisation and technical investigation
Tech. Lic. M. Sc. Luis Lopez Martinez,
LETS Global BV
About the Trainer
LUIS LOPEZ MARTINEZ has been with LETS Global, for more than 15 years. He serves there as its Technical Director. Luis technical interests covers fatigue and structural integrity of welded structures life extension and he has authored and co-authored more than 40 articles in international journals and conferences. Tech. Lic. Lopez Martinez is also an expert member of IIW (International Institute of Welding) within CXIII (Fatigue behavior of welded structures and components). The applied research of Luis focuses on the implementation of ultrasonic peening treatment as a way to tackle structural fatigue and by that, achieve the service life extension of offshore structures. A particular feature of Luis applied research has been the extensive collaboration with Wood Group North Sea Eng., Billiton, BP, amongst others. Tech. Lic. Lopez Martinez is also a frequently engaged consultant in welding, fatigue design and structural integrity within the industry.
Who Will Attend
The Seminar attracts professionals from the Offshore Renewable Energy, Oil & Gas and Maritime Sector.
- Have a fresh and practical input on the way engineers can go about safeguarding the structural integrity of any offshore installation, preventing the use of hot work.
- Using the three pillar of life extension concept, participants will learn to use Fatigue Assessment, Inspection and weld improvements techniques to enable new possibilities in life extension projects.
- Understand the creation of a complete Finite Element models of installations
- Review of structural data to a range of engineering solutions with a specific focus on Ultrasonic Peening
- Explore the benefits of a range of engineering solutions for renewable energy structures
At this exclusive masterclass, you will uncover a range of solutions to help you optimise your facilities resulting in enhanced operational productivity. There will also be numerous opportunities available throughout the masterclass for you to bring along specific case studies to discuss with your industry peers.